Grazie, Italy

Well,  just like that my time here in Italy has come to a close (for now at least). These past 7 weeks have been filled with many memories that I will never forget. My time here started out with me working at Chille de la Balanza as well as taking Italian language classes at the Florence University of the Arts. I made friends with my classmates and other students of FUA, including my roommates, and I also became part of the family at Chille de la Balanza during these first three weeks. The next month my schedule freed up quite a bit since there were no more school classes. With this extra time in my days, I was able to hang out with my roommates and explore Florence even more. Not soon after classes ended though, both of my roommates had left Italy. It was at this time that I started to leave Florence on the weekend for day trips to other places in Italy. By the end of my time in Italy, I was able to go to Venice, Naples, Milan, Rome, Siena, Bologna, San Gimignano, Pisa, and Lucca. The timing was also great because two friends from California had a free day in Rome the same day that I had no work, so I was able to meet up with them.

Overall, my time here in Italy has been an amazing learning opportunity and I feel that I have grown a lot from it. As always, I love being able to go to new places, learn about different cultures, and meet new people. To me, travel is very important (something my mom passed down to me). The exposure to new environments opens and challenges the mind, expands perspectives, and increases appreciation of life, as well as allowing me the ability to learn more about myself and grow from that. Italy has definitely offered all this and more to me, and I look forward to what I will learn and get to explore in Switzerland- which is where I will be the next two weeks.

To close off my Italy blogs, and the month of August, I wanted to end this post with the quote I've had in my planner for this month-

"Travel is a lesson on life and of yourself. It teaches you where your comfort zone lies and then to push past that comfort zone. To be brave, to be stupid, to be reckless and to be sensible." Honest Explorer

 

                                                            



 
 


XOXO,
Louisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performing Arts Abroad

Chille de la Balanza

Behind the Curtain